Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Magic Island by Kara & Lucas

Magic Island
What we did at Magic Island

1. When we got to Magic Island, we found a spot to begin snorkeling. As we walked, the sand was very hot and it roasted our feet.

2. The lifeguard told us the rules for snorkeling.

3.We went snorkeling and saw cool fish like needle fish, butterfly fish, and pufferfish.

4. When we were done we played in the water and sand (Mrs. Porter tossed me, Liz and Steve)

5. We grabbed all of our stuff and went to change.

6. The girls beat some of the boys at changing.

7. We went on the bus and went back to school.

8. We played the quite game on the bus and we were so happy when we got back to school.

 
Some of the sea creatures we saw
  • Pufferfish
  • Needlefish
  • Butterflyfish 
  • Algae
  • Coral (Brain coral)
  • Damselfish
Q1. Describe your experience at Magic Island (What did you see?)
Kara: It was really fun, but there was a lot of sand. Plus Mrs. Porter was throwing some of us. She was also flipping me and Liz. My snorkel wasn't working most of the time. 
Lucas: Magic Island was my third time snorkeling! I do not have much experience snorkeling but I like snorkeling and I could do it again in a more shallow place. I saw a lot of algae and coral. I saw 3 small damselfish, 3 brain coral, 1 coral patch, and 1 needle fish. I acted as a turtle and Bryant was a shark that could walk on land, and Haruka was a monk seal with no abilities whatsoever. And it was very exciting!

Q2. Describe the water
Kara: The water was murky and really deep. I had to dive down into the murky water to see the beautiful and colorful extremely tiny fish. I think the water was murky because there was a lot of sand and the sand was floating up.
Lucas: It was very murky and I had to look very carefully to find the objects below me.

Q3. describe the three different beaches that we went to. 
Lucas: Magic Island was less popular than Hanauma Bay. Magic Island is way smaller than Hanauma Bay. Hanauma Bay is in the shape of a bay and Magic Island is a beach protected by rock walls because the currents might be too strong for swimmers and snorkelers.
Kara: Both Magic Island and Black Point Beach had lots of black, white, and grey fish. They also had murky water and I didn't get hurt when we went there. They were both in the ahupuaʻa of Wakiki.
Lucas & Kara: All of these places have beautiful coral and they were really fantastic! These places were all on Oahu. (Which is were we live.)  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment